Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Narnia and Stuff

I thought I had something to write about but it seems that my muse has fled in fear of actually being used. Oh well. I'm not sure why but typing in this box is a bit sluggish. I'm going to switch to a real text editor, TextEdit to be specific. Yes that isn't very exciting but now you know and I've written an entire paragraph.

Now for paragraph two!

Well technically this is paragraph three but more to the point, I just saw "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe" the movie. It was really quite good. There were some significant differences but nothing major. The story line was pretty much intact and most of the key points I remember from the book were there.

It made me wish to read the books again, even though I've read them all at least twice and most at least thrice. It made me wonder why is it that these fantasy worlds are so fascinating? Not just Narnia, but books and movies and TV shows and plays and so forth. (Interestingly enough, Safari 1.0.3 takes %80 of my processor time when it's open. That's just weird and wrong, I really need to update that)

Anyway, I'm not quite sure where I'm going with this but isn't the world we live in interesting and exciting enough that we don't have the continual desire to forget it? Or maybe that's just me. When I really get immersed into a movie or a book, I'm not really here at all and then it's kind of sad when it's over and I have to come back.

This world should be just as good as anything that we can dream up. So why isn't it? Everyone wants a better world so why don't we just get together and do it? Make a better world that is.

A better world? I say that as if something is wrong with this one. I mean it works we live, we breath, we sleep, we eat and so forth but... I don't know, It just seems that there wouldn't be such a desire to escape into fantasy if it was better here.

No comments: